Administrative Assistant - Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: October 28, 2011
Closes: Friday, November 18th, 2011
To provide general clerical support services for Red Lake Vocational Rehabilitation. Fulltime w/ benefits, no supervisory responsibilities, $8.50/hr, reports to Director.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Remains in the office to greet public, routes visitors and all incoming phone calls to proper personnel, advising staff when out on errands for the Director
• Fulfills office operations and procedures by assisting Director with clerical duties, typing and maintenance of program files, assisting Counselors by processing purchase order requests
• Reviews and codes time and attendance for staff and all consumers, includes recording leave accumulations and balances for administrative personnel.
• Files travel request and submits to Travel Coordinator in a timely manner.
• Fulfills uniform correspondence procedures and style practices by insuring agency correspondence and other business records are filed in a timely manner.
• Prepares reports in final format by assisting in preparation to fulfill granting requirements and use internal management.
• Completes data entry into the Statistical Management Program relating to consumer profile, status progression and employment achievement.
• Completes purchase orders upon Director approval; including case service obligation reports, receiving necessary billing/payment information to process accordingly and tracks total case service expenditures data, each Counselor tracks their own assigned Quarterly budget.
• Analyzes and provides recommendations to the Project Director for change of office production, procedures and/or forms to improve work flow efficiency.
• Performs other clerical duties as assigned while maintaining strict compliance with confidentiality requirements.
• Maintains program calendar of all events and staff schedules and keeps main office area neat and orderly
• High school diploma and certificate of completion in office support; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to read and interpret documents, such as personnel policy, service guidelines and federal regulations.
• Demonstrated knowledge in commercial software programs including Word and Excel.
• Possess excellent mathematical skills to decipher various forms, bar graphs, ratios and percentages.
• Knowledge in the operation of various office machines.
• Demonstrated knowledge in human service systems commonly used by people with disabilities, cross-disability communication mannerisms as well as a working knowledge of medical, social and psychological aspects of disabilities.
• MUST maintain strict confidentiality requirements at all times.
Zero tolerance for drug, alcohol and substance abuse in the workplace (according to the Tribal policy and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973), which subjects all staff to random drug testing
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847 Fax: (218) 679-4176