ACF announces $2 million in grant awards for Tribal TANF – Child Welfare Coordination
HHS’ Administration for Children and Families, Office of Family Assistance (OFA) today announced the award of $2 million in Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – Child Welfare Coordination grants to 14 tribes and tribal organizations.
“The better our programs work together, the better we serve families,” said George Sheldon, HHS acting assistant secretary for children and families. “These grants support innovative tribal community efforts to use every way possible to protect and care for children.”
The grant awards, which are administered by OFA and authorized by the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (CRA), will demonstrate models of effective coordination of Tribal TANF and child welfare services provided to tribal families at risk of child abuse or neglect.
The Tribal TANF-Child Welfare coordination grants must also be used for activities including case management and supportive services; assistance to tribal children in out-of-home placements and the tribal families caring for such children, including adoptive families; and prevention services and assistance to tribal families at risk of child abuse and neglect.
The Tribal TANF – Child Welfare coordination grantees are:
• Association of Village Council Presidents – Alaska
• Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes – Alaska
• Chippewa Cree Tribe of the Rocky Boy’s Reservation – Montana
• Coeur d’Alene Tribe – Idaho
• Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes – Montana
• Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians – Oregon
• Cook Inlet Tribal Council – Alaska
• Forest County Potawatomi Community – Wisconsin
• Hoopa Valley Tribe – California
• Nooksack Tribe – Washington
• Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe – Washington
• Quileute Tribe – Washington
• South Puget Intertribal Planning Agency – Washington
• Tanana Chiefs Conference – Alaska
For more information on the Office of Family Assistance visit http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/.
For more information on Tribal TANF – Child Welfare grants visit http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/dts/index.html.