Security Guard - Red Lake Accounting Department
Closes: Friday, September 23, 2011
Red Lake Accounting Department
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: September 2, 2011
Closes: Friday, September 23, 2011
Patrol and Protect the Accounting Department building, property, staff, records, and equipment. Full-time w/ benefits, no supervisory responsibility, reports to Tribal Treasurer.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Control access to consumer facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and consumer employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility and staff.
• Provide an atmosphere that all consumer employees and visitors respond to and know that their needs are cared about; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each consumer employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the consumer and its security department.
• Communicate in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the facility and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
• Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the building and property.
• Patrols assigned site on foot; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
• Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
• Prepares logs or reports as required; writes or types reports or enters information into computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
• Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to consumer representatives, program management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the post.
• Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for post, by the company, or through training or certification.
• Assures that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accordance with consumer standards; identifies consumer products or materials among items carried by consumer employees or visitors.
• Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED or related experience
• Must posses a minimum of two years experience as a security guard
• Ability to perform periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• Experience preserving order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
• Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances. Ability to adapt to changes in external environment and organization.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to provide high quality customer service.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
• Must pass a background check.
• Ability to pass a Drug/Alcohol test.
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847 or 679-1848 Fax: (218) 679-4176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org