Licensing Technician - Red Lake Gaming Commission
Closes: Friday September 2, 2011
Red Lake Gaming Commission
Job Title: Licensing Technician
Department: Red Lake Gaming Commission
Location: On Site
Starting Wage: DOQ
Opens: Wednesday August 17, 2011
Closes: Friday September 2, 2011
SUMMARY: Responsible for the processing of Tribal Gaming Licensing applications and Minnesota State Certification applications for all Class II and Class III gaming employees and vendors. Conduct background investigations to ensure the honesty, integrity, and good character of gaming employees and vendors of the Seven Clans Casinos. Maintain all licensing records for Class II and Class III gaming employees and casino vendors. Must be in compliance and knowledgeable of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act; National Indian Gaming Commission Regulations; Red Lake Nation Gaming Ordinance; Tribal-State Compact; and other applicable licensing laws and regulations. Assist Lead Licensing Technician in completing all licensing functions. This position is full-time, non-exempt and has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in processing of state certification applications and tribal gaming licensing applications for Class II and III gaming licensor pursuant to the National Gaming Commission and the MN State Gambling Enforcement Agency regulations.
• Cooperate with various outside entities, including all casino operation departments, casino business vendors, local law enforcement, agents of the NIGC, RLGC and AGED in the completion of background investigations and compliance for state certification and tribal license application process.
• Communicate directly with RLGC, NIGC and AGED regarding decisions of a license in a timely and professional manner as the regulations dictate.
• Assist with all aspects of gaming licensor for casino employees and vendors, including fingerprinting and processing of fingerprint cards, signature cards, payroll deductions, and use of digital camera for issuance of licensee identification badges.
• Assist with intake of all casino employees and vendors.
• Assist with completion of annual renewals for casino associates and vendors.
• Complete assigned duties and ensure work for accuracy, neatness and conformance with all policies and procedures.
• Maintain and promote strict standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required; preferably college course work in general office practices, data processing, and criminal justice or other related field helpful.
• Minimum 3 years of gaming experience required.
• Prior regulatory, law enforcement or investigative experience desired.
• Any equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted for required qualifications.
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Due to amount of work involved, must maintain good attendance.
• Ability to pass alcohol and drug test per Personnel Policy Manual.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of the Red Lake Gaming Commission Administration and general office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of sensitive records management, including legal requirements as they pertain to records retention and disclosure.
• Experience with computers using database software and electronic data processing.
• Strong interpersonal relations skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to conduct orientation to casino trainees and new casino employees of licensing requirements, as directed.
• Ability to shift from working independently to a team environment as job duties dictates.
• Knowledge of tribal, state, and federal laws and regulations, specifically in relation to the gaming industry
• Proficient in various personal computer applications, including ID Point Software, Microsoft Excel, ID Works, and Access as well as other computer programs used in the investigation process along with the Internet.
• Operate the Credentia Imagecard for processing identification badges for employees and vendors.
• All other standard office equipment.
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-3341 x 1040 * (218) 679-4176 Fax