SMSC to Hold Summer Blood Drives August 23, 2011
Prior Lake, MN – To help save lives, the SMSC will sponsor a blood drive on August 23, 2011, at Dakotah! Sport and Fitness from noon – 7:00 p.m. The blood drive is open to members of Dakotah! Sport and Fitness as well as the general public. That same week, a mobile blood center bus at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel will offer the opportunity to give blood for SMSC Gaming Enterprise employees between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on August 26, 2011.
The entire donation process takes less than an hour; with the whole blood collection portion taking only about 10 minutes.
If you would like to make an appointment to give blood during the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community's Summer Blood Drive, call SMSC Wellness Coordinators Angela Mostrom or Chris Blum at 952-233-2965. A limited number of walk-ins will also be able to be accommodated.
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community, as an active participant in the local community, holds several blood drives each year to help save lives. The SMSC has sponsored blood drives for more than 23 years.
Basic requirements to donate include:
- You must feel well for at least three days after a cold or flu
- You must be off antibiotics for at least 24 hours before giving
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds
- Eat a meal in the six hours before you donate
- Get a good night's sleep the night before you donate
- Wait at least 56 days from your last donation
- Bring a valid photo ID with you