Grader Operator - Red Lake Elderly Maintenance
Red Lake Elderly Maintenance
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: July 14, 2011
Closes: Friday, July 29th, 2011
Responsible to for operating the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to ensure the driveways and dirt roads are accessible, safe and in good operating condition. Reports to Director.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Operate the grader and other heavy equipment including front end loaders, dozers, trucks, and other mobile equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
• Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
• Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
• Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
• Participate in routine maintenance
• Practice workplace safety
• Maintain inventory of equipment
• Operates self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone, to grade specifications in construction and maintenance of earthwork structures, such as driveways and dirt roads.
• Drives grader and moves levers to regulate height and angle of grader blade, lower scarifier that loosens packed soil to permit grading, and to tilt front wheels of grader when making sharp turns.
• Drives grader in successive passes over working area to level surface to specified grade.
• Feels lever and listens to sound of engine to determine depth of cut.
• May perform fine or rough grading and be designated Motor Grader, Fine Grade (construction); Motor Grader, Rough Grade (construction).
• Must possess a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Physically capable of handling job requirements
• Be reliable and dependable
• Agree to maintain a drug-free workplace and submit to employee drug testing
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1848 or 679-1847 Fax: (218) 679-4176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org