Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change: A Counseling Method
Please join us for this free training on August 2
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Little Rock Roundhouse
Red Lake, Minnesota
This workshop will introduce you to the core principles of Motivational Interviewing and the Stages of Change, and provides practice in the essential skills.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
* Be provided with two empirically-validated, evidence-based models for the process of change.
* Learn how to make an assessment using the Stages of Change model.
* Learn to assess the client's motivation for change during the interview.
* Gain a deeper understanding of the movement toward positive behavior.
* Learn to manage the client's ambivalence about change.
* Learn to deal proactively with resistance by anticipating it before it happens.
* Learn to minimize resistance and maximize motivation within the interview process.
* Learn to tailor the intervention to the client's stage of readiness-for-change.
* Learn and practice practical strategies for helping clients move through the Stages using Motivational Interviewing
Our presenter will be Mark Groves, MN Department of Corrections Facilities
Re-Entry Coordinator, formerly with Alliance Apartments.
Lunch will be provided.
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organization, phone number and email address, or call 679-3228 with this information. Please register as soon as possible, or at least 2 days
in advance, so we know how many will be present for lunch.
This workshop is sponsored by the Red Lake Homeless Shelter, Red Lake Reservation Housing Authority, Corporation for Supportive Housing, and USDA Rural Community Development Initiative.
*In the event that the state shutdown is still in effect, the workshop will be postponed to a later date.