School Communities Liaison - 2 Positions
Red Lake Schools
JOB TITLE: SCHOOL COMMUNITIES – LITTLE ROCK, RED LAKE, REDBY, AND PONEMAH - LIAISON
REPORTS TO: School Principal, Turnaround Officer, and Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Student Attendance and Community Involvement within School
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The School Community Liaison shall serve the educational process by
ensuring students develop and maintain good attendance practices and that parents support the
attendance requirements of the school district. The School Community Liaison shall act as a liaison between the communities and the school to which he/she is assigned.
The School Community Liaison shall:
1. Have a minimum of a High School Diploma with preference given experience and college credits.
2. Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and have a vehicle for transportation.
3. Be community oriented, preferably with experience in youth programs or school
4. Demonstrate ability to work well with the community at large, including parents,
students and staff.
5. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and work ethic.
6. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with
students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
7. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing,
using proper grammar and vocabulary.
8. Fulfill requirements for mandatory background check.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and resume.
2. Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Letters of reference from former employers, teachers, or other professional
4. Employment interview.
The School Communities Liaison shall be employed under the following terms:MSEA Master Contract.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The School Community Liaison/Attendance Officer shall:
1. Provide technical assistance to parents in developing the skills needed to function
effectively in a working relationship between home, school and community.
2. Make visits to student’s residences to develop healthy, positive family attitudes towards
academic success, attendance at school and student growth and development resulting in on tme graduation.
3. Assist in developing and maintaining home visitation records.
4. Complete reports of any noted conditions which may be a detriment to the safety, welfare or education of the student. This position is a mandatory reporter as required by tribal and state codes.
5. Work closely with building principals and teachers in the monitoring of individual student’s
participation in school, academic, work and extracurricular activities.
6. Consult with building principals, guidance counselors, student support team, child study team members and parents/guardians regarding improving the student’s academic performance,
achievement, attendance and/or behavior.
7. Submit written reports to building principals regarding the necessity of tribal court actions against habitual offenders. And, maintain appropriate records in the school to which the School
Community Liaison has been assigned.
8. Serve as a role model for students and staff in demonstrating positive attitudes,
appropriate attire, personal grooming, and an effective work ethic.
9. Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend all
10. Display ethical behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and
outside agencies associated with the school.
11. Adhere to Data Privacy Regulations.
12. Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment,
as assigned by the Building Principals, Turnaround Officer, and Superintendent not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job
and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff
1. Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
2. Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
3. Speak and hear.
4. Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with
the ability to focus vision.
5. Communicate effectively using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and
operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
The Principal shall evaluate the School Community Liaison in accordance this Job Description and such other criteria as shall be established by the Board of Education.