Chief Executive Officer - Red Lake Business Advisory Board
Chief Executive Officer
Red Lake Business Advisory Board
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: June 27, 2011
Open Until Filled
Develop both existing and future long term business within the RLBAB family of companies. Oversees the operations of the company and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors goals and strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the companies. Reports to Red Lake Inc. Board of Directors, exempt.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Deliver and Promote Goals and Strategy
o Develop goals, strategies and objectives for increasing current business, as well as attracting new business
o Creates operating plans and set/support the strategic direction of the company and correlate with annual operating budgets.
o Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
o Lead the development of the Red Lake Walleye brand to maximize national demand, awareness, and per pound revenue of the product.
o Develop new 8(a) and HUB Zone certified companies.
o Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings.
• Deliver Successful Financials
o Prepares annual budget of expenses and works within the budget to provide maximum production effort for the Red Lake family of companies
o Manages the company’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
o Evaluates the companies performance and reports up to date information regularly
o Provides for security and safety measures including; OSHA compliance, safety awareness and equipment safety.
o Understands industry regulations (both current and expected changes) relevant to all company services.
o Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of operations.
• Focus on People
o Develop and maintain an effective organization through selection, training, compensation, motivation, reviews and separation of employees.
o Provides direction to managers with regard to scheduling work and staffing needs.
o Evaluate performance of manager’s for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company.
o Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Promote company values, encourage positive performance and rewards productivity.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Solid understanding of Native American contracting capabilities with the federal government
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
• Strong team leader who is committed to the organization’s objectives
• Must be able to manage and organized multiple projects and departments
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Must be able to create, maintain and use/understand Microsoft Office documents.
• Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business Management or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university. Five or more years experience with tribal 8(a)/HUB Zone strongly preferred. Must also have professional experience in government contracting, negotiating, business development, customer service, planning and public relations.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To Apply: Applications (resumes w/ application) are accepted at Red Lake Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1848 or 679-1847 Fax: (218) 679-4176 Email: email@example.com