Youth Mentoring Assistant - Red Lake Boys & Girls Club
Red Lake Nation Nation Boys & Girls Club
P.O. Box 1124
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: May 23rd, 2011 Closes: Friday, June 17th, 2011
Title: Youth Mentoring Assistant - Red Lake Boys & Girls Club - Tribal Youth Mentoring program
Salary: $10.30/hr w/ benefits
The Tribal Youth Mentoring program helps to empower youth in our community to make positive life choice that enable them to maximize their potential and minimize their involvement in risk behaviors specifically gangs, drugs, and school failure. Supervisor/reports to: Michelle Graves, Program Director.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assist with recruiting, selecting, matching, training, and supervising mentors.
• Provide case management services with mentees as needed.
• Work collaboratively with the School District to address individual needs of youth.
• Assist mentors with meeting the needs of their mentees.
• Attend youth mentoring training opportunities.
• Work closely with Red Lake Law Enforcement to assist in identifying at-risk youth.
• Work closely with Red Lake Comprehensive Health to assist in addressing mental health needs of mentees.
• Submit monthly program reports to supervisor.
• High School Diploma, some secondary education preferred.
• CPR/First Aide training.
• National certifications recognized.
• Valid Drivers License.
• Pre-employment drug testing required.
• Pass background check.
~Position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check~
~Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls club has a Zero Tolerance Policy~
To Apply: Applications (resumes with completed application) are accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department – P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN. 56671
Phone: (218) 679-1847 *Fax: (218)679-4176 *Email: firstname.lastname@example.org