Executive Director - Red Lake Boys & Girls Club
Red Lake Nation Nation Boys & Girls Club
P.O. Box 1124
Red Lake, MN 56671
Open: May 23rd, 2011 Closes: Friday, June 17th, 2011
Title: Executive Director - Red Lake Boys & Girls Club
Responsible for managing the strategic planning and operation of the Club, in support of organizational mission and goals. Collaborates with the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources, and establishing policies. Provides direction to staff in carrying out the key roles assigned to them.
• Reports to the Board of Directors, exempt position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Leadership: Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community:
a. Support the organizations mission and principles
b. Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
c. Implement programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
d. Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
2. Strategic Planning
a. Implement a strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan.
b. Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements.
3. Board Development
a. Identify, recruit and develop effective board members.
b. Ensure active participation by board members and support effective board roles and functioning. Ensure board committees are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
4. Resources Development
a. Ensure the annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
b. Develop strategic plans to generate revenues through a variety of fund raising techniques. Identify, cultivate and solicit donors. Oversee planning and implementation of special events.
c. Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
5. Resources Management
a. Develop, implement and monitor the Club’s annual budget.
b. Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations.
c. Ensure productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance, feedback and opportunities for professional development.
6. Technology: Develop and implement plans for updating existing technology and resources:
a. Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing technology and resources.
b. Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management system.
7. Partnership: Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnership with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
8. Marketing and Public Relations: Increase visibility of Club programs, service and activities and maintain good public relations.
9. May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
• A minimum of three years experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys & Girls Club; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objective, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resources development activities and sources of funding.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement effective operations.
• Leadership skills, including negotiations, problem solving, decision making.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups and other related agencies.
• Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
~Position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check~
~Red Lake Nation Boys & Girls club has a Zero Tolerance Policy~
To Apply: Applications (resumes with completed application) are accepted at the Red Lake Human Resources Department – P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN. 56671
Phone: (218) 679-1847 *Fax: (218) 679-4176 *Email: email@example.com