COUNSELOR – NORTHERN WINDS TREATMENT CENTER CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
February 13, 2017
COUNSELOR – NORTHERN WINDS TREATMENT CENTER
CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
Open: February 8, 2017
Closing: February 27, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
Work directly with clients, assisting them to plan and carry out personal change in the use of alcohol and other drugs, and assisting clients to deal with related issues. Reports to the Supervisor of Northern Winds Treatment Center, full-time position w/benefits, salary; $11.00/hrly (w/$1.00 increase after successful completion of 90-day probationary period).
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assist clients to develop goals and treatment plans, and to revise them periodically as needed
• Lead individual and group counseling and education sessions
• Refer to other resources when in the best interest of the client
• Maintain and update current client files and record progress daily
• On-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Understand and abide by confidentiality rules and regulations
• Participate in training and ongoing professional development
• Participate in mandatory drug/alcohol testing when called upon
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• At least one (1) year continuously chemically free immediately before hiring
• Possess and show proof of a valid driver's license and auto insurance
• At least one year of counseling experience
• Certified Rule 25 Assessor
• Knowledge of MN Department of Human Services DAANES forms
• Familiar with federal alcohol and drug program confidentiality rules
• Knowledge of how to apply the 12 Core Functions and Four Performance Domains to deliver effective and efficient services to clients
• Knowledge of word processing, tables, and data programs using computers
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.