Cook I at Red Lake Elementary School
February 9, 2017
Internal and Externally Posting 02/08/2017 – 02/15/2017
Red Lake School District #38 is seeking applicants for a Cook I at Red Lake Elementary School.
Major Position Duties:
1. Assembles food supplies, measures ingredients for meals according to standardized recipes and/or instructions from Head Cook II and helps prepare meals
2. Serves food to students and stores food supplies according to policies and regulations
3. Cleans work areas, utensils and equipment using procedures established for sanitary precautions
4. Checks temperatures on foods on a regular basis during the course the meal preparation and serving of meal, and records temperatures on temp logs
5. Completes prepared and leftover sections of food production records on a daily basis.
6. Assists in the inventory of food and other supplies and stocking shelves upon deliveries, dates and rotates inventory, records temperatures on receiving logs
7. Reinforcing policies, rules of the district, building and cafeteria
8. Completes sections of production records pertaining to jobs performed
9. Other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. A State ServSafe Food Managers Certification required within 90 days of hire.
3. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., perform repetitive movements and bend.
4. Good communication skills, personal appearance and a cooperative attitude required.
5. Willingness to assist where needed and the ability to establish good working relationships are essential.
6. Good work attendance.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Ashley VanHorn Human Resource Coordinator, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671.