Network Applications Engineer - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-MIS DEPARTMENT
January 23, 2017
Network Applications Engineer
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY-MIS DEPARTMENT
Open: January 20, 2017
Closing: February 3, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining network application systems used by the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians. Reports to Director, does not have supervisory responsibility, full-time position with benefits, salary is DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
• Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications.
• Application/Framework design as needed.
• Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
• Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
• Performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the web applications performance meets tribal and user satisfaction.
• Provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding web application technologies.
• Trains users on problem areas when help is requested.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of programming languages, techniques and web application design.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions.
• Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
• Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications.
• Bachelor's degree In Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience required.
• Possess at least two (2) years' experience supporting enterprise network based applications.
• Candidates should have proven JAVA experience as well as a solid understanding of Design and Programming.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
• Must pass DOJ and Band background check.
• Must have valid Minnesota Driver's License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.