DIRECTOR -- MINNEAPOLIS RED LAKE NATION URBAN EMBASSY
DIRECTOR -- MINNEAPOLIS
RED LAKE NATION URBAN EMBASSY
Open: January 5, 2017
Closing: January 26, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
Conduct/supervise the daily operations of the Urban Embassy to provide a wide variety of community based needs to the enrolled members of the Red Lake Nation living in the metropolitan area. Full-time position w/benefits, reports to Executive Administrator; this position does have supervisory responsibility. Salary: DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Communicate and coordinate client service, production and strategy/planning teams ensuring that community strategy supports overall goals and objectives of the Red Lake Band Urban Embassies.
• Plan, organize, and promote activities and gatherings for the Red Lake Nation Urban members.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, monitoring variances, implementing corrective action
• Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards resolving conflict implements new procedures
• Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards
• Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities
• Actively seek networking resources on a local, state, and federal level.
• Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment.
• Plan and oversee culturally specific activities for Red Lake Nation Band members.
• Ability to research and possess excellent writing skills for editorial and technical writing output.
• Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, business and/or related fields.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Must be of high moral character to uphold the integrity of the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians.
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License and Auto Insurance.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and abiding by random drug/alcohol testing.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.